Click on the job title to learn more and to apply!
As a certified Woman and Minority Owned Business, SignNexus highly values the contributions of Black, Indigenous, Asian Pacific American, Latinx, and other POC-identifying people to the field of sign language interpreting. The clients and communities we serve are extremely diverse, and the unfortunate truth is that our field does not adequately reflect this diversity.
Matching Deaf consumers with interpreters who accommodate both their language needs and their personal identities is one of our top priorities. Building a representative interpreting team has long been a cornerstone of our agency, and many of our client organizations are led by (or provide services for) people with multiple intersecting identities.
Over the past few years, SignNexus has actively worked to expand the diversity of our interpreter team. We are always looking to contract with new interpreters from different racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. We offer competitive rates and a range of assignments.
We currently have freelance opportunities for experienced BIPOC-identifying interpreters in an array of settings such as:
… and more!
We work with hundreds of different clients — from tiny non-profit organizations, to major corporations, to colleges and Universities, to museums, theatre companies, and everything in between!
SignNexus has on-site work available in the greater NYC area, including New Jersey. At this time, the bulk of our services are being provided remotely. We have Remote Interpreting assignments available for interpreters NATIONWIDE!
If you are interested in joining the freelance interpreting team at a young and rapidly growing agency with a diverse clientele, please submit your Resume and a Cover letter at the link below. Someone will be in touch within 1 business day.
WHY WORK WITH US?
SignNexus is committed to setting the standard for excellence and efficiency as providers of professional communication services that recognize and accommodate the varying language needs and personal identities of individuals who are Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing.
All SignNexus interpreters are personally screened to assess strengths and placed in assignments that are a good fit. We strive to provide exceptional service by matching consumers with interpreters who are charismatic, qualified, and ethical.
We make it easy:
Employment and workplace
Ongoing mental health assignments
Professional development programs
Social justice events
Dance, Theatre, Performing arts
Art gallery events
Ongoing prayer services
SignNexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a proud Women and Minority-owned Business Enterprise (WMBE) and Coda-owned agency.
When you come onboard, SignNexus sends a digital contract that can easily be completed on a phone, tablet, or desktop - no scanning or downloading!
Our online scheduling portal has a user-friendly interface that will notify you of available assignments in the areas where you accept work.
There is an easy option to Accept or Decline appointments right in the email.
We have free direct deposit available, and there is no need to invoice us. We will send a bi-weekly invoice for your approval. Payments are made reliably on the 1st and 15th of the month.
Professional sign language interpreting agency in the greater NYC metropolitan area seeks a reliable Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Coordinator. Daytime hours: 30-40 hours per week available to start. This is a remote job with fixed office hours. You will report directly to the owner of the agency.
Primary responsibilities include: AP and AR management, reconciliations, vendor reporting, processing payroll, and other duties as needed. In direct coordination with other departments, you will make sure that all agency Accounts Payable are approved and paid in a timely manner, and that all Accounts Receivable are collected in a timely manner. Attention to detail and organization are a must.
• Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
• Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
• Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
• Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
• Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
• Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
• Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
• Sends, Receives, and Manages Timesheets associated with vendor invoices.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
You will be working with a small team and there is room to develop your role over time. This is a great opportunity for the right person to grow with a rapidly growing company!
• B.A. in accounting and/or two years of relevant work history with a strong recommendation
• Experience in accounting, AP, and procurement
• Highly experienced using Quickbooks
• Working knowledge of Google Drive software suite
• Familiarity with utilizing a CRM system
• Ability to understand and pick up new technology processes
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Great time management and self-motivation
• Ability to develop consistent and reliable processes
• Can prioritize a variety of tasks
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Appreciates a challenge
Please note: we are actively seeking candidates who are fluent in American Sign Language and familiar with Deaf Culture.
Pay starting at $20 per hour. This can be negotiable based on years of experience (in a same or similar role).
If you are interested in applying to be an AP/AR Coordinator at our agency, please use the LINK BELOW to submit a resume along with a cover letter that explains your experience and what about this position most appeals to you.
SignNexus is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to create a workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the diverse communities we serve. SignNexus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race; color; religion or belief; sex (including pregnancy); gender identity or expression; social, ethnic, or national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; disability, genetic information; age; membership in an employee organization; retaliation; parental status; past or present military service; or any other characteristics protected by the law. SignNexus conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.